Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holly and Teri edits sound using Audacity
   These photos of the students (and Dave Cantor) in the classroom demonstrate teamwork in action.





   I couldn't be prouder of the students as they worked on the Bittersweet Farms multimedia project together. To recap - they all shot at the farm, which serves autistic adults. Back in the classroom, they took on different duties for photo editing, sound editing and caption writing.
   The final Soundslides project was amazing. I will post it here as soon as I figure out how to do it. I need a website (I don't have one) to convert the Soundslides Publish to Web folder into an embed code. Once I get over that hurdle, I will post the show.
   This team project helped prepare the students for their individual final project. They also learned they are not alone in the world. Learning to work with others is as fundamental as learning how a camera works.
   There is only one more week of school. I will cherish it while it lasts.
   I also want to take this opportunity to thank Dave for his assistance throughout the semester. His photo editing skills are greatly appreciated by the students!

Dave Cantor, back, assists Kathie, Katherine and Dennis with their photo editing.

No comments: